Mares Bolt BCD
COME TRY THE LATEST EVOLUTION IN LIGHTWEIGHT, TRAVEL FRIENDLY GEAR WITH THE MARES BOLT BCD
The Bolt SLS BCD is superbly comfortable, streamlined and a giant step in the evolution of back mounted BCDs.
The first thing you will notice when donning the Bolt SLS BCD is the perfect fit. This new level of comfort is achieved via special shoulder pads which are longer, pre-shaped and reinforced, and which work in perfect unison with the lumbar suspension system. This suspension system is inspired by the design of modern hiking backpacks; the system avoids direct contact between the body and the tank support. Bolt SLS BCD features 6 stainless steel D-rings for complete accessory attachment. Made of very tough 420 Cordura material, it will endure any exposure you submit it to and hold up to the test of time.
The Air-cell is separated from the harness, resulting in unrestricted freedom of movement.
The bladder is equipped with bungee cords that will aid in a low profile when it is inflated and facilitates rapid deflation when dumping air.
The BCD comes standard with 3 pull-dump/overpressure relief valves, one is incorporated into the top of the Ergo Inflator; another is located on the right shoulder and a third is located on the rear lower right. Activation of the valves are made easy with both the upper and lower right valves coming with pull cords and the valve incorporated into the Ergo Inflator is activated by an internal cable attached to the inflator mechanism. Mares Ergo Inflator the standard inflation and deflation control device used in sanctioned training programs. Intuitive use and secure grip. The Ergo Inflator comes standard with a 3/8" threaded low pressure quick-disconnect hose.
Superbly comfortable and stable back buoyancy BC provides 46 lbs. (21 kg) of lift capacity in size large, yet is streamline and weighs only 8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg).
Shoulder straps have a "swivel-action" buckle design, an adjustable chest strap and a waist strap are all equipped with squeeze-style" side-release buckles that along with the adjustable cummerbund provide a custom fit and ease of donning/doffing.
The BCD has plenty of available storage when needed, but is still compact and streamlined thanks to its roll-down cargo pocket.
The Bolt SLS BCD has Mares Slide & Lock System (SLS) for weight release. This unique weight integrated BCD provides a visual confirmation of proper weight pouch insertion, so there is no guessing when you do your pre-dive check before entering the water. In addition, the BCD is equipped with smart trim weight positioning for a balanced feel when diving.
The Slide & Lock System (SLS) weight pockets have sturdy zipper closures and are easy to slide into the BCD even when wearing thick gloves.
The SLS is the safest system available and come in weight capacities of 9 lbs. and 13 lbs. (4 kg and 6 kg) weight capacities. For a balanced weight distribution, the Bolt SLS BCD also has a rear weight trim pockets with a weight capacity of 5 lbs. (2.27 kg). SLS weight and trim pockets will work with block or soft pouch weights.
With it's 2 year warranty Information and free annual inspections you never have to worry whether your Bolt BCD is ready for your next adventure.
Mares Bolt SLS BCD Features
- Superbly Comfortable and Streamlined
- Great for Travel
- The next logical step in the evolution of Back Mounted BCDs
- Provides a Perfect Fit
- New Level of Comfort:
- 6 Stainless Steel D-Rings for Complete Accessory Attachment
- Made from super-tough 420 Cordura Material which is rugged enough to stand up to the harshest environments while maintaing it's uniqe sense of beauty and style for many years to come.
- Separated from the Harness, the Air-Cellallows for unrestricted freedom of movement, and security while diving.
- Bungee Cords help keep the BCD streamlined, allowing for a sleek, yet low profile in the water.
- 3 Easy Activation Pull-Dump/Overpressure Relief Valves:
- Provides 46 lbs. (21 kg) Lift (Size Large)
- Shoulder Straps w/Swivel Action Buckle Design
- Adjustable Chest Strap
- Waist Strap w/Adjustable Cummerbund
- Custom Fit and Ease of Donning/Doffing
- Roll-Down Cargo Pocket
- Mares new Slide & Lock System (SLS):
- The Ultimate in Weight-Release System technology
- Visual and audible confirmation of proper weight pouch insertion
- No more guessing in Pre-Dive Gear Check, green means locked, red means unlocked.
- Weight Capacities of 9 lbs. and 13 lbs. (4 kg and 6 kg), Size Dependent
- Sturdy Zipper Closures
- Rear Smart Trim Weight Non-Releasable Pockets
- Work w/Block
- Weight: 8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg), Size Large
- Owner's Manual